Finally got down to Smith Rock for the first time. Somehow I wasn't expecting much. Thought it would be like Vantage, only further away. Wrong! The scale and beauty of the place really blew me away, and the climbing wasn't bad either. You just have to get used to the fact that the rock is nothing more than really hard mud. This is made clear when it rains.
Saturday we hiked around with my parents. Sunday we climbed, preservering though the morning rain. The undoubted high point of the climbing was Spiderman. 5.7 2p. I remembered Dallas saying it was the best 5.7 climb ever, so we made it happen. Splitter cracks, challenging moves, great pro, and an intimidating final crux layback around a huge roof! It didn't disappoint.
Saturday we hiked around with my parents. Sunday we climbed, preservering though the morning rain. The undoubted high point of the climbing was Spiderman. 5.7 2p. I remembered Dallas saying it was the best 5.7 climb ever, so we made it happen. Splitter cracks, challenging moves, great pro, and an intimidating final crux layback around a huge roof! It didn't disappoint.